Once you have committed to your fundraising challenge and you have started to formulate a number of brilliant fundraising ideas the next thing you must do is create an online fundraising page. Many people do this and they do not do it justice or realise just how important it is to get right.
Here are our top ten tips on how to get the most out of your online fundraising page.
1. Be the first! Donate to your own supporter page, by doing so you are showing your commitment to your fundraising effort and you can set the benchmark for other donations.
2. Include pictures of yourself, its your chance to show yourself off - people want to see who they are donating to.
3. Update your page regularly! Keep your current donors and potential donors updated with your progress. How is the fundraising going? What obstacles have you come across? What are you really enjoying etc.
4. Tell your story! Let supporters know WHY you are doing what you are doing. Inspire them to donate to your cause and support you.
5. If you hit your target, or you are less than £100 away from reaching it we recommend that you increase it! If people think you are close to meeting your target they may not donate the £200 they were going to if you are only £75 off your goal.
6. Let people know how much to donate e.g £10 will provide 5 blankets, £100 will provide a years heating. You want them to know that any amount they are able to give will make a difference.
7. Thank your donors! Let them know their donation has been noticed and appreciated.
8. Contact your charity. They will love to hear from you, let them know what you are doing for them and ask if they have any materials to help you raise as much money for them as possible!
9. Share your fundraising page on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms it's all about spreading the word!
10. Finally don't be scared about asking again! People often need reminding, if you asked them once and they haven't donated then ask again, they may have just forgotten and wont begrudge a friendly reminder.