Running a Swishing party is simple, just follow the Rules of the Rail:
1) Everyone must bring at least one item of quality.
2) You will have half an hour to browse before the swish opens.
3) No item may be claimed before the swish opens.
4) As soon as the swish is declared open, everyone may take what they want.
5) Remember no scratching, spitting or fighting
(Rules taken from swishing.com)
There is one core principle of Swishing, â€œvalue does not come into a Swishâ€ anyone caught trying to value up all of the other swishers items will be swished away forever!
Ok, so how do you raise money through Swishing?
1. Charge your friends an entrance fee to the event â€“ £5 to £10
2. Organise a raffle, one simple prize such as as a box of chocolates or a bottle of Prosecco will do the trick
3. Talk to your charity and request supporting material to help encourage your friends to dig that little bit deeper when they are asked for further donations.