Date: 12th Nov 2023
Deadline: 03rd Nov 2023
Farley Ln, Alton, Stoke-on-Trent ST10 4DB, UK
Starting and finishing within Alton Towers Theme Park this is an event for the entire family. Open to all abilities, you can take on a chip timed 5k, 10k or Half Marathon to earn yourself a unique themed medal before enjoying the incredible rides at the park.
*FREE ride access after the race is included in your entry!
In Zambia the proven MAMaZ Against Malaria at Scale programme has been adapted to tackle COVID-19 as well as malaria. By March 2021, over 3,250 Community Health Volunteers across 10 districts had received a RAS (a key medicine in tackling severe malaria) and community mobilisation training from their MAM@Scale programme, and had been equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) in order to safeguard themselves and their local communities.
In Uganda, Transaid has launched a project to protect HGV drivers from COVID-19. Transaid is working with local partners to roll out driver specific safety advice and providing hand-washing facilities, cab sanitisation guidelines, and PPE.
What your help could fund:
· £12 could buy the materials to install eight tippy taps, to equip four communities with two hand washing facilities
· £60 could buy PPE and run COVID-19 sensitisation sessions for ten truck drivers
· £100 could buy locally produced facemasks for 100 community health volunteers in Zambia
· £120 could buy a strong bicycle for a health worker, enabling doctors and nurses to reach more communities every day
· £240 could buy 800 doses of RAS (pre-referral anti-malarial drug, buying a sick child an extra 12 hours to reach a health facility)
Running for Transaid to raise funds and awareness, for well-being and to remember that global solutions are needed for global problems has never been so critical!”